Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > Maps, GPS and Google Earth

public land softwear for GPS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Bronze Member

Re: public land softwear for GPS

Whip, thanks for the feedback.

I have just recently received reports of an area South of Casper, WY, and your area in along the Bighorn River that show BLM covering up private. I looked into this and found the reason for the error in the data. I will be able to fix these errors by Feb 1. I have checked all other states and this error will only affect the Wyoming map.

Please send your chip in for a FREE update - sometime in the near future. Anybody who has ordered the Wyoming SD card prior to this date should send their chip in for a free update. Those who ordered the download can update their map for free by downloading the newest version of the map from the website February 1.

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by GPSmaps; 02-16-2010 at 05:02 PM. Reason: modify dates for reference
Old 02-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Gold Member

I have a TDS RECON with Windows Moblle. Will this work for public softwear ?
Old 02-12-2010, 10:01 PM
PUBLISHER

No, sorry, only Garmin units with SD card capability.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

I'm ready to order one, especially now that they are on sale.
Len,
If I order the map for Wyoming will this have this update, or do I still need to send it in??
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSmaps View Post
Whip, thanks for the feedback.

I have just recently received reports of an area South of Casper, WY, and your area in along the Bighorn River that show BLM covering up private. I looked into this and found the reason for the error in the data. I will be able to fix these errors by Feb 1. I have checked all other states and this error will only affect the Wyoming map.

Please send your chip in for a FREE update - sometime in the near future. Anybody who has ordered the Wyoming SD card prior to this date should send their chip in for a free update. Those who ordered the download can update their map for free by downloading the newest version of the map from the website February 1.

Happy Hunting!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 AM
PUBLISHER

The error has been fixed on the maps.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 03-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Silver Member

Sorry I came down so negative. All one can do is arm himself with the best intel and hope for the best I quess. I would hope the Court would have to except a margin of error with recent land change. It is alittle different if the land never was gov. control and recent swap. As I previously stated and others , many land owners run a big bluff too.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Bronze Member

Just to make sure I understand, this is taken from the product page:

DO NOT send any other map data to the SD card while it is in the unit - you may take the card out and use Mapsource to send any other data. You may send and receive data for waypoints, tracks, and routes to and from your GPS unit's internal memory

I didn't think some compatible units had internal memory, only sd card memory. So, if you want to save a point and label that point, can you save it on a the sd card with the state land ownership maps, or do you have to put in another sd card? I am thinking about getting a new GPS, so I am not necessary that familiar with what you can or can't do with them as far as this product is concerned. Thanks. Rich