Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > Give Away Contests

Give Away Contests Stay Tuned For More Give Aways


The thread is closed

Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #36  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 798
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

It's sad that a system that looks so promising won't work with a Mac. As an Apple user I would have to find some work-around. I was very interested in the product until I was it's Windows only. Obviously it's not as advanced as it first appeared!

Give it the ability to talk to a Mac & I might buy one!
  #37  
Old 07-27-2013, 12:58 AM
Official LRH Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post
It's sad that a system that looks so promising won't work with a Mac. As an Apple user I would have to find some work-around. I was very interested in the product until I was it's Windows only. Obviously it's not as advanced as it first appeared!

Give it the ability to talk to a Mac & I might buy one!
Not working on a Mac has nothing to do with how advanced the product is - however we are working on iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android versions for release later this summer
  #38  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 798
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyeCamera View Post
Not working on a Mac has nothing to do with how advanced the product is - however we are working on iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android versions for release later this summer


Multi-platform functionality is definitely a measure of how advanced consumer computer applications are. It's good that you are planning an iphone version, but not having a Mac compatible version is sad. Many of us that want the highest technology have Macs because they are better computers based on speed, performance & reliability. Yes, Dell computers are cheap, but that's not the best measure of advanced technology.
  #39  
Old 07-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 47
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

Entered, Thank you.
  #40  
Old 07-30-2013, 12:55 AM
Official LRH Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buano View Post
Multi-platform functionality is definitely a measure of how advanced consumer computer applications are. It's good that you are planning an iphone version, but not having a Mac compatible version is sad. Many of us that want the highest technology have Macs because they are better computers based on speed, performance & reliability. Yes, Dell computers are cheap, but that's not the best measure of advanced technology.
Being in software development for 30 years and involved with Apple products and Windows based systems since they came out - I do have extreme insight into both systems. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. I own seceral of each and they each excel and fail in different aspects. A software product not supporting one or the other has nothing to do with the level of technology nor sophistication of the product. As developers we want to support as much as we can - in this case and with our users the Windows machines out number the Macintosh systems so our first platform is Windows - in addition the cheaper laptops often make better range laptops due so the fact that many people don't want to take an expensive computer to the range.

I want to make this clear so people aren't mislead into thinking our product is not advanced or sophisticated because we don't yet support the Mac platform. We do look forward to supporting as many operating systems as we can - we want everyone to be able to use our products
  #41  
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 27
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

Will this system work when setup behind 1000yd pits? Then I would not have to have someone in the pits pulling my target and scoring when I'm practicing. Will this camera be able to show the full frame for 1000yd. palma targets? --6 foot wide. When will the smartphone software become available--droid or I phone??
  #42  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Official LRH Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 24
Re: Give Away Contest - Bullseye Camera System

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADDIE5 View Post
Will this system work when setup behind 1000yd pits? Then I would not have to have someone in the pits pulling my target and scoring when I'm practicing. Will this camera be able to show the full frame for 1000yd. palma targets? --6 foot wide. When will the smartphone software become available--droid or I phone??
We have tested the system to 1790 yards with clear line of sight. We used it at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center at the NBRSA competition doing exactly what you are referring to without issue.

We are working on iOS and Android support now.
The thread is closed

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC