Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Shotgun Slug Hunting

Compound Errors Missed Target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM

Re: Compound Errors Missed Target

I shoot a lot of air rifles, and especially with springers, I've learned the value of a consistent hold.

At the end of the season, I was lent a Traditions Vortex, and while I didn't get a chance to shoot it, I liked it. My host killed a doe with it and he was impressed with the accuracy and knockdown power.

As such, I broke down and bought a Pursuit UL last week. Enough with the borrowed slug gun!

I intend to use BH209 in it, and am just now trying to figure out what else I need to buy. I look forward to shooting plenty off sticks out to 200 yds (I'll never get a longer shot that that where I hunt, and most will be less than 75). With some luck, I'll get my technique down. And if I don't, then I'll keep my shots under 100 yds (or whatever).
Old 03-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

I "sight in" the muzzleloader and everyone uses it, if need be. It is ridiculous to claim "immorality" because of it.
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebits View Post
As such, I broke down and bought a Pursuit UL last week. Enough with the borrowed slug gun!
That is the muzzleloader I used to take my deer this last season. The scope that came with it was junky, but I like the rifle. I should have picked one with the iron sights.

Good luck with it!
"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."-- Samuel Adams
Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 AM

Thanks!