close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Long Range Shotgun Slug Hunting

Compound Errors Missed Target

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM

Re: Compound Errors Missed Target

I shoot a lot of air rifles, and especially with springers, I've learned the value of a consistent hold.

At the end of the season, I was lent a Traditions Vortex, and while I didn't get a chance to shoot it, I liked it. My host killed a doe with it and he was impressed with the accuracy and knockdown power.

As such, I broke down and bought a Pursuit UL last week. Enough with the borrowed slug gun!

I intend to use BH209 in it, and am just now trying to figure out what else I need to buy. I look forward to shooting plenty off sticks out to 200 yds (I'll never get a longer shot that that where I hunt, and most will be less than 75). With some luck, I'll get my technique down. And if I don't, then I'll keep my shots under 100 yds (or whatever).
Old 03-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Gold Member

I "sight in" the muzzleloader and everyone uses it, if need be. It is ridiculous to claim "immorality" because of it.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mebits View Post
As such, I broke down and bought a Pursuit UL last week. Enough with the borrowed slug gun!
That is the muzzleloader I used to take my deer this last season. The scope that came with it was junky, but I like the rifle. I should have picked one with the iron sights.

Good luck with it!
Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 AM

Thanks!