Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder Review
Let’s look at the pros and cons of the Gunwerks G7 BR2 Rangefinder:
• Range limited to around 1800 yards in perfect ranging conditions
• Ballistic solution only available to 1400 yards
• If you can see the target and know the distance but fog/rain won’t allow a reading, no ballistic info is available.
• Very accurate within its effective range
• Eliminates multiple pieces of gear
• Works with any scope’s ballistic correction system
• Extremely quick
• User friendly
• Windage reference quickly available
• Has the ability to be validated
• Very clear glass
• Uses CR123 batteries
• Compact, considering it is 3 units in 1
• Made in the USA (this is no small issue)
• Priced less than the sum of a good LRF, computer, ballistics program, and weather station
All in all I was very impressed with the Gunwerks G7 BR2 laser rangefinder; it is the ticket for at least 95% of the people who consider themselves long range hunters. For certain situations it is “the ticket”, anywhere where speed is an issue or quickly changing situations are happening. The Gunwerks guys have developed a system here that is going to change the direction long range hunting equipment goes in the future. The number of people who need more than this setup has to offer is extremely small. This is one of those 5 star deals; it is a unique and impressive piece of equipment. All I can really say is that in the hunting I do with just a few exceptions I get to leave a pile of gear out of my pack now.
Shawn Carlock is a veteran law enforcement sniper and the current USPSA national precision rifle champion. He runs his business building custom rifles, producing shooting and hunting videos and conducting precision rifle training for civilian and law enforcement interests.
Join the discussion of this article HERE at the Article Discussion Forum.
<Previous | Home
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:51 PM.