Savage stock help!

Beautiful country out there, can't wait to go back. And I agree it's a bit heavy, but fortunately my wife has me as a pack mule. My 338 edge is pretty much the same weight so I'm already used to it. Haven't hunted Montana yet only visited. Was impressed by the muleys around dupeyer though. Could walk within 40 yards of them in the fields during late September. Never seen anything like that before, most beautiful state I've visited yet
I couldn't agree more and I absolutely love where I live . Come hunt Mt and I'll show you around

Thank you. I have a 110 in .300 win mag that I want to change the stock and this looks like the one I'll go with. Did you order the long action mag well from savage or MWG?

Thank you. I have a 110 in .300 win mag that I want to change the stock and this looks like the one I'll go with. Did you order the long action mag well from savage or MWG?

I honestly don't remember. I bought the gun used from Cabela's for $399. At the time it was a stock 116 chambered in 30-06. It had the cheap plastic bottom metal with the magazine that has the retention clip on it (like the Axis). I bought the "old style" bottom metal and metal mag at that time (about 8 years ago) and rebarreled it to 6.5-06. It lived in that configuration until 3 years ago when I changed out the bolt head, barrel, and mag and turned it into a 300WM.