Miroku mfg Win M1885

Red field and Browning made different bases for the 1885 to accommodate the low walk and high wall. I've seen many folks' rifles with the incorrect bases on them. Once you get the right bases, you can put a straightedge across the bases and see that they're correct. Then, most anyone's rings will work.
I wonder if the rings are location specific. I have a Browning x-bolt and browning rings and the front and rear bases are different to accommodate the shape of the receiver. And the rings and/or instructions with them don't indicate which is which.

They are location specific. The front are taller than the rear.
I wonder if the rings are location specific. I have a Browning x-bolt and browning rings and the front and rear bases are different to accommodate the shape of the receiver. And the rings and/or instructions with them don't indicate which is which.

If I had one of those rifles, I think I would go with a tang peep and fine gold bead or globe style front. They just don't look like they were meant to be scoped.
Some of us older guys can't use those sights anymore. For us, the right size scope works. Now an old Unertyl might be the ticket.

Verticals still need a lap despite mfg claims.

Attachments

• 20240516_002359.jpg
    20240516_002359.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 18