220 Swift build….

I mentioned earlier in the thread where I hunted with a guy that shot a 220 Swift AI with tremendous success.

The swift AI is on par with a 22-243 AI, but cases can be made from a variety of 308 Winchester variants with Swift brass being hard to find.

I mentioned this earlier in the difference between Norma Brass and Winchester, which is tremendous, to say the least. So, if you go down the(Norma) Swift road, be darn sure that your reamer matches Swift dimensions of norma brass...this is an expensive mistake to make.

Custom chambers are not as sloppy as factory chambers, take that advise to the bank!

The 22-243AI was one of my favorite cartridges for dropping fat PA groundhogs at long range. I used readily 243 Lapua case and simply ran them through a 22-243 FL die and was ready to go.

I'm building a 22 Creed now, but I can't see how it has any advantage over an ordinary 22-243. I'm only building the Creed because, like a lot of you, I have addiction issues.

22 creed =22/250 AI

22/243 and AI are a step up in performance, but the EASY button is the 22 Creed

Kick it up another notch, go 22 6 Rem AI, with 80s at 3800 being top end, and 3650 fps and never use a full length sizer.

Swift powders that work the best?
Accuracy, velocity, and NOT sensitive to summer temperatures.
I've used plenty of the old standard IMR 4064 along with H414 and a little of the 2700, VV160, Varget (sucked)
What else is there that HAS supplied the prerequisites?

Not sensitive to summer temp? Varget and H4350. Varget has a tremendous pressure spike, so try H4350 with 55's.

I always shot AA2700, but lot# maybe very different from today's. AA2700, the hotter you shot it, the better it shot, right up to difficult extraction. So, we shot 1.5g below Max load for the barrel, more 50g than 55, we never had an issue.

Stabal maybe on your short list to try.

I had a rifle just like that one you found on a deal in the gun shop. I shot 55g Sierra flat base with AA2700, 43.5g, Rem case, and 9 1/2 primers. Brother, that was a coyote killing son of a gun! Jack Rabbits in N. Nevada were ruining alfalfa farms, and I shot the barrel out in one Summer.

Gary, The new Norma 55g Tip strike bullet should work very well in that rifle's throat, a tad more bearing surface. The price is better than good!

I have purchased the Tip Strike in 6mm, 270, 7mm, and 30 cal. Their ogive lengths would compare with the best you have ever measured of any brand including Berger and hand made customs. All of these bullets are flat base.

Last edited: