Peterson Brass Belted Mag Basic Unprimed Box of 50

I gave the Peterson Basic Belted Magnum brass a second chance after seeing this thread. I attempted it about 2 years ago to make 375 Ackley Brass but the necks crinkled; the 416 Rem Mag die fixed that.
From left to right is an unsized Basic case, .416 Rem Mag, .375 Ackley, 8mm Rem Mag and 7 STW. The two on the far right folded when I annealed between the .375 Ackley and 8mm Rem Mag. Annealing seems to make the shoulders too soft to withstand the pressure of neck sizing to this degree
If you still have some of the Peterson Basic Magnum left, I will take it off your hands. I want to experiment with my hydraulic forming die.

Well that freaking sucks.

I need to find out about these dies you got 😉
Neil Jones micrometer full length sizing die...uses shoulder/neck bushings...with my forming bushings I can go from .500 to .308...( Smallest bushing I got). The micrometer setting that I'm at for my stw leaves me with .100 more I can shorten...and about .090 to lengthen...pretty much 7mm rem mag to the big H&h based cases I can make a case close enough to fire form. Or run through the cartridge specific die and you're there. I made a 300 win mag case for sh*ts and giggles out of a nosler 7mm stw case to see if I could do it.. took me about 15 minutes of messing around and playing with settings and measuring. After that it's all set and go

Thank you.
Forgot to mention it's a 1" die, he sends a bushing for it that'll fit 1 1/4"..I just unscrew the master bushing out of my rcbs rock chucker and after I'm done reinstall it.

Attachments

• PXL_20240529_060147330.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240529_060147330.MP.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 18