Bear protection handguns?

Buffalo Bore, Underwood and Double Tap are all great companies to look at for great Bear defense ammo. Not to say Lost river isn't but I have no reason to leave those three other companies to look for what I am currently getting from the ones I'm using today. Buffalo bore shoots the best in my pistols. Underwood is by far the least expensive offering equal performance to Buffalo Bore. Both of those appear to offer better ballistics than Lost river in 10mm. The Lost River 9mm 148s look interesting tho.

Buffalo Bore, Underwood and Double Tap are all great companies to look at for great Bear defense ammo. Not to say Lost river isn't but I have no reason to leave those three other companies to look for what I am currently getting from the ones I'm using today. Buffalo bore shoots the best in my pistols. Underwood is by far the least expensive offering equal performance to Buffalo Bore. Both of those appear to offer better ballistics than Lost river in 10mm. The Lost River 9mm 148s look interesting tho.
I find both the 9mm and 40S&W offerings very intriguing.

My goto is a S&W 329PD in 44mag, with Buffalo Bear cartridges designed for this revolver. It only weighs 26 oz so recoil is ferocious. It is an N frame revolver that will accept an X-frame one piece grip, which I strongly suggest you get. Practice with 44 Special ammo, for as S&W says, this is a revolver you hope you never have to shoot.

Finally, the effective application of bear deterrent packaged in a can. The negative being, you'ld need to wear a Bandolier stuffed with cans of bear spray. Bear spray belts! The new bear spray accessory kit.

Might even need to line your hat or head net with multiple cans, based on their fairly common practice of gnawing on skulls.

Pancho_Villa_bandolier_crop.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts